- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; remove and set aside. Add garlic to the pan; saute for 1 minute. Stir in the broth, brown sugar, soy sauce and pepper flakes. Return chops to the pan; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Down-Home Pork Chops for Two in Simple & Delicious
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Down-Home Pork Chops for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review