This dish is a hit at every family gathering. It freezes well, so I always seem to have some on hand for last-minute meals.—Jeanette Hielpler, Bloomington, Minnesota
Recommended: 24 Ways to Make Dinner Faster
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) peas, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, peas, soups, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Down-Home Dinner in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p182
Reviews for Down-Home Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review