Down-Home Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 1. In small saucepan, combine the first 11 ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Reserve 1/3 cup sauce for basting. Cover and refrigerate the remaining sauce.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved sauce. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 320 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 938mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 5 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Down-Home Barbecued Chicken
"After making this the first time I couldn't stay away fron the left overs!!! I have made it many times since and absolutely love it!!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.