- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- In small saucepan, combine the first 11 ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Reserve 1/3 cup sauce for basting. Cover and refrigerate the remaining sauce.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved sauce. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Down-Home Barbecued Chicken
Sort By :
After making this the first time I couldn't stay away fron the left overs!!! I have made it many times since and absolutely love it!!!