Down-Home Apple Crisp Recipe
Served warm from the oven, this down-home dessert is a perfect finale for fall and winter meals. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 6 medium apples)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the apples, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, lemon juice and apple pie spice. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the oats, sugar, salt and remaining flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 275 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC