No need to bundle up to build this snowman—you construct it in the kitchen out of doughnut and candy! The Crafting Traditions cooking staff suggests making these snowmen would be fun at a get-together, especially if you set out the "supplies" so guests can create their own, and also a wonderful wintertime project for the whole family.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 3 powdered sugar doughnuts (graduated sizes from 2 to 3 inches if possible)
- 1 powdered sugar doughnut hole or mini doughnut
- 5 mini chocolate chips
- 1 orange-mint Tic Tac
- 1 piece (10 to 12 inches) "fruit by the foot" fruit roll
- 3 gumdrops
- 2 pretzel sticks
- 1 starlight mint
- On a small plate, stack the three doughnuts to form body of snowman.
- Place doughnut hole on top for head. Add chocolate chip buttons and
- eyes and an orange-mint nose.
- Make 1-in. cuts on both ends of the fruit roll to form scarf fringe;
- wrap scarf around neck. Press a gumdrop onto each pretzel to form
- mittens; press pretzel arms into body. Top with a hat made from a
- mint and a gumdrop.
- Yield: 1 snowman.