Doughnut Parfaits Recipe
I was in a hurry to make a quick dessert, so I threw together a few items from the grocery store. My whole family raved about the results. To serve a big group, I increase the ingredients and layer them in a large glass trifle bowl.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 16 powdered sugar doughnut holes, halved
- 1 to 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Chopped nuts and maraschino cherries
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Place four doughnut hole halves in each of four parfait glasses. Top with half of the pudding, bananas and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with nuts and cherries. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 528 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 706 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC