I was in a hurry to make a quick dessert, so I threw together a few items from the grocery store. My whole family raved about the results. To serve a big group, I increase the ingredients and layer them in a large glass trifle bowl.
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 16 powdered sugar doughnut holes, halved
- 1 to 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Chopped nuts and maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Place four doughnut hole halves in each of four parfait glasses. Top with half of the pudding, bananas and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with nuts and cherries. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Doughnut Parfaits in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p37
Reviews for Doughnut Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 5, 2013
"This was a delicious and easy quick dessert for a family dinner."
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2011
"A new & different use of doughnuts. Even using doughnuts as a major part of the recipe it is not a breakfast recipe. It's a dessert."