- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup coarse sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in milk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for coating, combine coarse sugar and cinnamon. Dip tops of warm muffins in butter, then coat in cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Doughnut Muffins
"Love these. fast, easy, delicious. Have made them for breakfast and once late afternoon for hubbies snack while watching tv. Very easy good.."
"These were fantastic. I made them as mini muffins and got nearly 5 dozen. (Should make at least 2 dozen regular sized muffins). They were fabulous in bite sized portions. The perfect ratio of topping to muffin. They taste best warm though so heating them in the microwave just until warm really brings out the flavor. I will absolutely make these again."
"Tasteless. Made one test and threw the rest of the batter away."
"First of all, this recipe makes 24 servings, not 12, so half it or you will be overrun with donut muffins. Nice dense texture, definitely needs a topping so I thought why not go crazy with them like my local donut shop does? I did some chocolate with sprinkles, some maple crunch, and some cherry. Delicious!"
"Made them exactly as noted. They were ok. As per email@example.com they were bland."