Doughnut Muffins Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup coarse sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in milk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for coating, combine coarse sugar and cinnamon. Dip tops of warm muffins in butter, then coat in cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Doughnut Muffins
Sort By :
"These muffins NEED the topping in order to taste like a donut. Otherwise, they are kinda bland."
"These muffins were very light and fluffy tasting. I will say that my batch made 18 not 12 and the muffins cups were very full. If I make these again, I will definitely use the coarse sugar as I think that was a key ingredient for making these go from OK to fab. Ours were just OK and not all that fabulous with the regular cinnamon and sugar coating on the top."
"Who doesn't like doughnuts or muffins especially when they are combined together!! These rich and spiced muffins are delicious and so easy. I used my mini loaf pans and got 4 loaves out of this recipe. I sprinkled the cinnamon and sugar on top of the loaves before baking. Smelled so good when the were baking! Would be a great addition with brunch!"
"I made these muffins over the weekend and they were absolutely delicious. I also added some extra cinnamon to the batter but otherwise followed the recipe as it was printed. My husband is not big on muffins but he really liked these. They really do taste like doughnuts without the deep frying. I also shared with three of my neighbors and they also really liked them. I will definitely make these again."
"One more thing...I used a 3/4 oz. cookie scoop and the batch made 12 regular sized muffins and 24 mini muffins. The reg. sized muffins weren't as full, but they were great for my 5 small kids."