Doughnut Bread Pudding with Brandy Cream Sauce
Here's a fun and super easy bread pudding for holiday entertaining. It takes just 10 minutes to prep and let it bake while you're enjoying dinner. The fail-proof sauce is delightful.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 12 plain cake doughnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- Arrange doughnuts in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle
- with pecans. Whisk the eggs, milk, 1-1/2 cups ice cream and sugar;
- pour over doughnuts. Let stand for 10 minutes or until liquid is
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes; sprinkle with
- cranberries. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean.
- Just before serving, combine brandy and remaining ice cream. Serve
- with warm bread pudding. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 387 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium,