Double Whammy Eggnog Cookies
These cookies are an amazing way to use extra eggnog. They've become a new family classic. — Teresa Morris, Laurel, Delaware
48 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1-1/3 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- EGGNOG FROSTING:
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons eggnog
- Additional ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks, eggnog and extract. Gradually beat in flour.
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 13-16 minutes or until bottoms are brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the first five frosting ingredients until
- blended; beat in enough eggnog to reach desired consistency. Spread