These cookies are an amazing way to use extra eggnog. They've become a new family classic. — Teresa Morris, Laurel, Delaware
- 1-1/3 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- EGGNOG FROSTING:
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons eggnog
- Additional ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, eggnog and extract. Gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 13-16 minutes or until bottoms are brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the first five frosting ingredients until blended; beat in enough eggnog to reach desired consistency. Spread over cookies; sprinkle with additional nutmeg. Let stand until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Double Whammy Eggnog Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 2012, p43
Reviews for Double Whammy Eggnog Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review