- 1-1/3 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- EGGNOG FROSTING:
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons eggnog
- Additional ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, eggnog and extract. Gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 13-16 minutes or until bottoms are brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the first five frosting ingredients until blended; beat in enough eggnog to reach desired consistency. Spread over cookies; sprinkle with additional nutmeg. Let stand until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Double Whammy Eggnog Cookies
Sort By :
"The frosting really makes these cookies, without it, they are kind of bland. I used vanilla rather than rum extract since that was all I had. The frosting recipe made way too much. To make these even more Christmasy, we put a holiday shaped chocolate that we made on top of the frosting."
"These were delicious!!!!! I don't really like eggnog, but I loved these cookies. They were light and fluffy and melted in my mouth. My husband and kids loved them. The only thing I didn't like (my preference only) was that they came out kind of like a mound after they were cooked. So with the remaining batches, I pressed each ball slightly with a cup to flatten just a little (like a snickerdoodle). I thought they cooked more evenly and had a better texture that way."