Double-Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 medium pears, peeled and cubed
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. Scrub and pierce the baking and sweet potatoes. Bake at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, place pears in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Cool potatoes slightly; cut each in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, egg, salt, pepper, cinnamon and reserved pears.
- 3. Spoon mixture into potato shells. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 14 servings.
1 stuffed potato half equals 182 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.