- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 medium pears, peeled and cubed
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Scrub and pierce the baking and sweet potatoes. Bake at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, place pears in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Cool potatoes slightly; cut each in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, egg, salt, pepper, cinnamon and reserved pears.
- Spoon mixture into potato shells. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Double-Stuffed Potatoes in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p38
Reviews for Double-Stuffed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 12, 2014
A nice blend of potatoes that complement one another, and the potato skins are healthy to eat.
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2011
Absolutely delicious, added small amount of shredded cheese to top last 10 minutes.