Double Shot Espresso Ganache Cake Recipe
The Place is "Harry's Bar" in Venice, Italy, and my recipe is a near-perfect re-creation of their double shot Espresso and Espresso Ganache Cake. Serve generous slices on the side a bowl of whipped cream with fresh raspberries, dusted with cocoa. —Wolfgang Hanau, West Palm Bch, Florida
- 15 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brewed espresso
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- ESPRESSO GANACHE:
- 2-1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon brewed espresso
- Optional garnishes: whipped cream, espresso beans, fresh raspberries and baking cocoa
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter. Combine espresso and sugar until sugar is dissolved; stir into chocolate mixture. Cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium speed for 1 minute. Beat on high speed for 4 minutes longer or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in cooled chocolate mixture until no streaks remain. Pour into prepared pan.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1-1/2 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 400° for 19-22 minutes or until temperature reaches 160° and top appears set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in espresso. Spread over cake. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Double Shot Espresso Ganache Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p66
Reviews for Double Shot Espresso Ganache Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Frosting Recipes >
- Chocolate Icing Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Italian Desserts >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >