Double Sausage Stromboli Recipe
When the winter winds blow, my family loves this tuffed bread that I created. Serve it as an appetizer or entree. —Connie Atchley, Westport, Indiana
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 28 pepperoni slices, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; add pepperoni. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels; stir in cheese and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets; stir in the water, butter and egg until dough pulls away from side of bowl and holds together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 3. Pat dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spread sausage mixture lengthwise down the center third of dough; sprinkle with oregano. Fold sides over filling; press edges lightly to seal. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Brush with oil. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 each: 245 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 466mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Double Sausage Stromboli
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC