I created this recipe for a national pie contest and won second place for my state. Many peanuts are grown here, and I always look for ways to use local products.
Featured In: 30 Desserts Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Gradually add the peanut butter, sugar, corn syrups, butter and vanilla until well blended. Fold in peanuts.
- Pour into the crust. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until set. Cool. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Double Peanut Pie in Country August/September 1996, p49
Reviews for Double Peanut Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review