- Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 4 cups peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces, softened
- 8 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Chopped Reese's pieces, optional
- Prepare, bake and cool Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches according to recipe directions. Cut brownie in half widthwise. Spread ice cream over one brownie half. Turn over remaining brownie half; place over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the candy coating, peanut butter and shortening at 70% power for 1-2 minutes; stir until smooth.
- Cut ice cream sandwich into bars, squares or desired shapes. Drizzle with or dip into coating mixture, letting excess drip off. Place on waxed paper, sprinkle with Reese's pieces if desired; let stand until set. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Double Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p60
Reviews for Double Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review