Double Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
Chocolate and peanut butter…need we say more? These delectable bars from our Test Kitchen are dipped in a creamy candy coating for extra deliciousness. Get ready to hear kids of all ages say, “Yum!”
- Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 4 cups peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces, softened
- 8 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Chopped Reese's pieces, optional
- 1. Prepare, bake and cool Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches according to recipe directions. Cut brownie in half widthwise. Spread ice cream over one brownie half. Turn over remaining brownie half; place over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the candy coating, peanut butter and shortening at 70% power for 1-2 minutes; stir until smooth.
- 3. Cut ice cream sandwich into bars, squares or desired shapes. Drizzle with or dip into coating mixture, letting excess drip off. Place on waxed paper, sprinkle with Reese's pieces if desired; let stand until set. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC