Double Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corns syrup
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Additional peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Cut in shortening and peanut butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat in corn syrup and milk. Shape into a 10-in. roll; wrap in waxed paper or foil. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Unwrap dough; cut into 1/4-in. slices; place half of the slices 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter. Top with remaining slices; seal edges with a fork.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 20 cookies.
Reviews for Double Peanut Butter Cookies(3)
Sort By :
A traditional peanut butter cookie with an added touch of peanut butter--VERY good, especially if you're a peanut butter lover like me !!
This recipe is a reprint from a 1966 better homes and gardens cook book which I own. This cookie really tastes like peanut butter. I have found that you probably should reduce the salt amount unless you are using organic pb, or pb you make yourself. The pb from the store has too much salt
these delicate peanut butter filled cookies are amazing! love the filling...definately would make again.