Double Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
THE EXTRA TASTE of peanut butter in the middle of the cookie is a delicious surprise the first time you bite into one. It's a nice, soft cookie and fun to make with little helpers. Kids love to put that extra dab of peanut butter in the middle and snitch some at the same time. -Jeannette Mack, Rushville, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:10 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corns syrup
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Additional peanut butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Cut in shortening and peanut butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2. Beat in corn syrup and milk. Shape into a 10-in. roll; wrap in waxed paper or foil. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 3. Unwrap dough; cut into 1/4-in. slices; place half of the slices 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter. Top with remaining slices; seal edges with a fork.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 20 cookies.
1 serving (2 each) equals 295 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC