"My family loves peanut butter, so a cake that has it in the batter and frosting is a big hit around our house," says Marie Hoyer, Hodgenville, Kentucky.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Mix well. Pour into a greased 9 in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. For frosting, cream peanut butter and butter. Add sugar, milk and vanilla; mix until smooth. Frost cake. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Double Peanut Butter Cake in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p13
Reviews for Double Peanut Butter Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review