- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Mix well. Pour into a greased 9 in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. For frosting, cream peanut butter and butter. Add sugar, milk and vanilla; mix until smooth. Frost cake. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Double Peanut Butter Cake
"I am not sure what everyone did to have such a dense cake. Mine is in the oven now and has at least doubled already! So far it look like it is going to be a very light cake. I have doubled the cake part and made in 2 square pans. And made a single batch of frosting to split between them because we dont do much frosting. I will come back soon and add comments after my family has dessert tonight. I can say I took the time to sift the flour bakibg powder and salt befor adding it to the batter."
"Cake was very dry & course, however, frosting was excellent!"
"this is very good my friends really enjoyed the flavor that it gave"
"I can't believe this recipe is a taste of home. This cake is horrible, it's so heavy I could use it as a door stop and the flavor... Pure flour. I couldn't figure out why we needed so much frosting for such a small cake. It's used to cover the flavor of the cake. VERY disappointed."
"Sadly disappointed...tasted like flour, maybe it was because I used whole wheat flour. I have made cookies with whole wheat flour and the cookies were great but this is my first whole wheat flour cake. Would not recommend using whole wheat flour in this recipe."