Double Peanut Butter Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Mix well. Pour into a greased 9 in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. For frosting, cream peanut butter and butter. Add sugar, milk and vanilla; mix until smooth. Frost cake. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Double Peanut Butter Cake(13)
Sort By :
I can't believe this recipe is a taste of home. This cake is horrible, it's so heavy I could use it as a door stop and the flavor... Pure flour. I couldn't figure out why we needed so much frosting for such a small cake. It's used to cover the flavor of the cake. VERY disappointed.
Sadly disappointed...tasted like flour, maybe it was because I used whole wheat flour. I have made cookies with whole wheat flour and the cookies were great but this is my first whole wheat flour cake. Would not recommend using whole wheat flour in this recipe.
I am a peanut butter fanatic. When I saw this recipe my mouth started watering! Unfortunately, it came out like a thick, dry bar-cookie instead of a moist cake. I followed the recipe exactly as listed, and the taste was okay, but I was disappointed in the texture. We will probably not make this again.
I used this recipe for wedding cupcakes (the groom is wild about peanut butter). I did not make the frosting. I used my own chocolate ganache frosting instead. The cake? Oh my goodness, it was so delicious. Dry? Not at all. The cupcakes turned out moist, light, with a very nice delicate crumb to them. Very nice rise to them. They are also very pretty little cakes, which is so important for a wedding cupcake display. This is one of the best cupcakes recipes I have used, and I will definitely keep it in my file of 'must have' recipes for my cupcake customers, or anyone else who is nuts over peanut butter, for that matter.
Sadly disappointed. I made this as a small birthday cake for my hubby and found it to be very dry. The cake was not very sweet at all and the icing was exceptionaly sweet. I had hoped it would have been close to tasting like a pb texas sheet cake but not even close.. oh well, not every recipe is perfect right?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >