Double Peanut Butter Cake
"My family loves peanut butter, so a cake that has it in the batter and frosting is a big hit around our house," says Marie Hoyer, Hodgenville, Kentucky.
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk to
- creamed mixture. Mix well. Pour into a greased 9 in. square baking
- pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. For
- frosting, cream peanut butter and butter. Add sugar, milk and
- vanilla; mix until smooth. Frost cake. Yield: 9 servings.