Double Peanut Bars
These sweet no-bake snacks are great energy bars. Any dried fruit works well, but I prefer cranberries. Grain cereals, plus honey, peanuts and peanut butter make the bars popular at my house.
-Kim Rocker of LaGrange, Georgia
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups Wheaties
- 1 cup Multi Grain Cheerios
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- In a bowl, combine the cereals, peanuts and mixed fruit. In a small
- saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey and peanut butter. Cook and
- stir until brown sugar and peanut butter are melted and mixture is
- smooth. Pour over cereal mixture; gently stir to coat evenly.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray; gently
- press down. Cool and cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One bar equals 201 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.