- 1-1/2 cups Wheaties
- 1 cup Multi Grain Cheerios
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- In a bowl, combine the cereals, peanuts and mixed fruit. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey and peanut butter. Cook and stir until brown sugar and peanut butter are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over cereal mixture; gently stir to coat evenly.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray; gently press down. Cool and cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Double Peanut Bars
"My husband has high blood pressure and needed to reduce sodium. I replaced his beloved Pop Tarts with these bars and he loves them. I make them at least twice a month."
"Gosh, these bars are just amazing. And as a Registered Dietitian, I give them 2 thumbs up as the perfect snack (high fiber, whole grain, good unsaturated fats, and protein). I used a Fiber One cereal with wheaties-like cereal, clusters, and raisins. I added more raisins as my dried mixed fruit and used natural peanut butter. I might lessen the brown sugar next time just to reduce calories from added sugar. I am fully confident that they will still be amazing."
"Very yummy!! Super easy to make!"