These sweet no-bake snacks are great energy bars. Any dried fruit works well, but I prefer cranberries. Grain cereals, plus honey, peanuts and peanut butter make the bars popular at my house. -Kim Rocker of LaGrange, Georgia
- 1-1/2 cups Wheaties
- 1 cup Multi Grain Cheerios
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- In a bowl, combine the cereals, peanuts and mixed fruit. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey and peanut butter. Cook and stir until brown sugar and peanut butter are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over cereal mixture; gently stir to coat evenly.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray; gently press down. Cool and cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Double Peanut Bars in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p39
Reviews for Double Peanut Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review