- 1-1/2 cups Wheaties
- 1 cup Multi Grain Cheerios
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- In a bowl, combine the cereals, peanuts and mixed fruit. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey and peanut butter. Cook and stir until brown sugar and peanut butter are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over cereal mixture; gently stir to coat evenly.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray; gently press down. Cool and cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Double Peanut Bars
Sort By :
I wanted to try this recipe to see if my kids would enjoy it as a more nutritious snack alternative and they loved them! The recipe was very easy and quick to make and tastes delicious. We'll be making these again!
My husband has high blood pressure and needed to reduce sodium. I replaced his beloved Pop Tarts with these bars and he loves them. I make them at least twice a month.
Gosh, these bars are just amazing. And as a Registered Dietitian, I give them 2 thumbs up as the perfect snack (high fiber, whole grain, good unsaturated fats, and protein). I used a Fiber One cereal with wheaties-like cereal, clusters, and raisins. I added more raisins as my dried mixed fruit and used natural peanut butter. I might lessen the brown sugar next time just to reduce calories from added sugar. I am fully confident that they will still be amazing.
Very yummy!! Super easy to make!