I serve these nutritious, tasty cookies to my husband and our four children. Also, because my husband is a minister, I often cook for guests in our home. —Pamela Kinney, Irving, Texas
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (6 ounces) orange juice concentrate, thawed, divided
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon reserved orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and eggs. Beat until well blended. Reserve 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate for frosting. Add the remaining concentrate with combined dry ingredients to the creamed mixture; mix well. Stir in orange peel.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine all frosting ingredients until smooth. Spread a small amount over each cookie. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Double Orange Cookies in Country Extra July 1991, p49
Reviews for Double Orange Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review