Double Orange Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 can (6 ounces) orange juice concentrate, thawed, divided
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon reserved orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and eggs. Beat until well blended. Reserve 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate for frosting. Add the remaining concentrate with combined dry ingredients to the creamed mixture; mix well. Stir in orange peel.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine all frosting ingredients until smooth. Spread a small amount over each cookie. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Double Orange Cookies(9)
Sort By :
I tried this recipe yesterday and it turned out flavorless though I added some more sugar and juice as described in recipe but it was not good at all.I don't get why these people are praising it can anyone send me these cookies:)
I tried this recipe yesterday and it turned out flavorless though I added some more sugar and juice as described in recipe but it was not good at all.didnot get why tehse people are praising it can anyone send me these cookies:)
Loved the cookies, I'm just wondering how the submitter justifies calling them "nutritious"... A cup of butter, cup of sour cream, sugar, cream cheese?
Loved these cookies. After reading the reviews I decided for my first try at these I would make lemon cookies. I followed the cookie recipe exactly using lemonade and lemon peel. For the frosting I did not want to use cream cheese so I just used butter. I did not have milk on hand so I used lemon juice from the lemons used for the zest. Such wonderful real lemon flavor - these cookies are a hit! I can't wait to try orange, and will possibly even try lime.
Update: I recently made these with limeade and they were fabulous. Also want to try a lemonade version to see how they come out!
More Recipe Collections
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Desserts >