Double-Onion Beef Brisket Recipe
- 1 fresh beef brisket (4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1. Cut brisket in half; sprinkle all sides with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown brisket in oil; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook and stir onions over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until caramelized.
- 2. Place half of the onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with celery and brisket. Combine the chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and soup mix. Pour over brisket; top with remaining onions.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Skim fat from cooking juices; serve juices with meat. Yield: 10 servings.
4 ounces equals 327 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 971 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Reviews for Double-Onion Beef Brisket
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.