Double-Nut Stuffed Figs Recipe
- 36 dried Calimyrna figs
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 7 tablespoons agave nectar, divided
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove stems from figs. Cut an “X” in the top of each fig, about two-thirds of the way down.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine pecans, walnuts, 3 tablespoons agave nectar, cocoa, cinnamon and cloves; spoon into figs. Arrange in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix pomegranate juice, lemon juice and remaining agave nectar; drizzle over figs. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until heated through, basting occasionally with cooking liquid. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 stuffed fig: 98 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Double-Nut Stuffed Figs
"my sister is diabetic & I am excited to use this recipe! sounds delish"
"I look forward to fig season all year long! This recipe is simply amazing."
"These are amazing! Highly recommended !"