- 36 dried Calimyrna figs
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 7 tablespoons agave nectar, divided
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove stems from figs. Cut an “X” in the top of each fig, about two-thirds of the way down.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans, walnuts, 3 tablespoons agave nectar, cocoa, cinnamon and cloves; spoon into figs. Arrange in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix pomegranate juice, lemon juice and remaining agave nectar; drizzle over figs. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until heated through, basting occasionally with cooking liquid. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Double-Nut Stuffed Figs in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p17
Reviews for Double-Nut Stuffed Figs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2014
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2013
"my sister is diabetic & I am excited to use this recipe! sounds delish"
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2013
"I look forward to fig season all year long! This recipe is simply amazing."
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2012
"These are amazing! Highly recommended !"