Double Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Pat into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Top with tomato sauce.
Bake, uncovered, 55-60 minutes until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
Freeze option:Cover and freeze one uncooked meat loaf for up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Unwrap meat loaf; reheat on a greased shallow baking pan in a preheated 350° oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 2 loaves (4-6 servings each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 189 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 537 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.