Double Meat Loaf
Shared by Shirley Snyder of Payson, Arizona, this tender meat loaf with beef and pork is a delicious entree for everyday or when company comes to call.
8-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven
- ingredients. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Pat
- into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Top with tomato sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, 55-60 minutes until no pink remains and a
- thermometer reads 160°.
- Yield: 2 loaves (4-6 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 189 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 537 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.