- For souffle layer, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt
- butter. Add shallot; saute until tender. Stir in flour and salt
- until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring
- constantly; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in spinach and cheese.
- Stir a small amount of hot spinach mixture into egg yolks; return all
- to the bowl, stirring constantly. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks
- form. With a spatula, stir a fourth of the egg whites into spinach
- mixture until no white streaks remain. Fold in remaining egg whites
- until combined. Pour over turkey layer.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until the top is puffed
- and center appears set. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 421 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 265 mg cholesterol, 604 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now