This no-bake pumpkin pie includes a delicious cream cheese layer. It's a terrific make-ahead dessert because it needs to refrigerate a few hours. —Donna Freund, Dubuque, Iowa
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and milk. Fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Spoon into crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk cold milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in the pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Spread over cream cheese layer. Spread with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Double-Layer Pumpkin Pie in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005 , p90
Reviews for Double-Layer Pumpkin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2012
"Most requested at Thanksgiving!"
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2009
"had to use an electric beater to mix the pudding and pumkin together, it was really lumpy. i also replaced the frozen whipped topping with whipped cream. it was good and i will make again"