- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Set aside remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Brush with reserved marinade. Grill or broil 15-20 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forDouble K Grilled Salmon
"My favorite way to prepare salmon! And my 5 year old loves it too, so thats a double-win!"
"This is a most enjoyable recipe. It has the perfect balance of Sweet, and Sassy with a hint of Heat. I only had sweetened Pineapple juice so I backed away from some of the Brown sugar. I felt that the extra sweetness was tamed down with the use of all of the remaining ingredients. Everyone had a say in creating this lovely marinade.I think that Dijon mustard would be a very nice addition.JanieTaste Of Home Volunteer Field Editor *"
"My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. It was easy to prepare and absolutely delicious...we can't wait to make it again!"
"Wonderful flavor and easy to make. FAmily loved it"
"This salmon was delicious! Salmon is not my favorite and my husband even less so; but with all the health benefits, I am trying to incorporate it more. This was one of the best we have had and is a go to.I am not a big fan of vinegar, so I replaced it with dijon mustard, which I like with salmon. Also, we turned the fish halfway through cooking."
"I couldn't taste any spiciness which was good for my kids (who ate it up!). We all thought it was really good though. If I were to make it just for adults, I would increase the hot sauce."
"very very good!!"
"very good! I baked this"