Double Frosted Brownies
Dress up these fudgy brownies from a boxed mix with two kinds of frosting. The two-tones treats have a luscious look and sweet taste. — Jean Kolessar, Orland Park, Illinois
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate fudge frosting
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Spread the
- batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350°
- for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 in. from side of
- pan comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and pudding mix until
- blended. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost
- brownies. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spread with fudge frosting. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 3 dozen.