Double-Duty Pork with Spanish Rice Recipe
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups reserved Double-Duty Apricot Pork Tenderloin or any cubed cooked pork
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add rice; cook, stirring, until lightly browned. Add broth, water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 40-45 minutes. Add pork; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1-3/4 cups: 408 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein .
Reviews for Double-Duty Pork with Spanish Rice
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.