- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups reserved Double-Duty Apricot Pork Tenderloin or any cubed cooked pork
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add rice; cook, stirring, until lightly browned. Add broth, water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 40-45 minutes. Add pork; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork with Spanish Rice in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p80
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Double-Duty Pork with Spanish Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review