Double-Duty Ham & Noodle Bake Recipe
- 5-2/3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cups reserved Double-Duty Heavenly Citrus Ham or any cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the ham, cheese, soup, peas, sour cream, chilies, cream and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Drain noodles. Add noodles and half of the onions to ham mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle remaining onions over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 710 calories, 40g fat (17g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 1533mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Double-Duty Ham & Noodle Bake
"Great recipe! Very versatile so you can use whatever you have on hand to add, or not. I used diced jalapenos in place of diced chilies just because my family loves the ester "heat." Everyone enjoyed this and don't forget the onions for that extra crisp!"
"This is a great recipe for leftover Easter ham! I didn't use the green chilies or French fried onions, only because I didn't have them on hand. I did add sauteed onion and fresh mushrooms to the mix to compensate for the missing ingredients. Even with the substitutions, it was wonderful! Five stars, for sure!"
"I always read the comment before trying a recipe from TOH and I just had to write and tell you this is a wonderful dish. My husband loved it and I will be making it again. Its a keeper!"
"Very tasty and easy to put together. Might add a jar of pimentoes for color next time..."
"My husband loved this! Perfect for leftover ham from Easter. He really liked the chilies addition."
"<p>This was excellent! It was a nice spin on a traditional dish. The leftovers were great, too!</p>"