Bored by leftovers? Time to stir things up! Toss extra cooked ham, Mexican cheese and green chilies into a rich sauce. With oodles of noodles and lots of crunch, it’s a party for your mouth. —Glenda Watts, Tacoma, Washington
- 5-2/3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cups reserved Double-Duty Heavenly Citrus Ham or any cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the ham, cheese, soup, peas, sour cream, chilies, cream and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Drain noodles. Add noodles and half of the onions to ham mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle remaining onions over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham & Noodle Bake in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p22
Reviews for Double-Duty Ham & Noodle Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review