- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (3 pounds), skin removed if desired
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, garlic salt and pepper. Dip chicken thighs in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, brown chicken on both sides. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- Sprinkle garlic, lemon peel, thyme and rosemary over chicken. Top with artichoke hearts, olives and bay leaf. In a bowl, mix orange juice, broth and honey; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove bay leaf.
- Reserve four chicken thighs for Double-Duty Chicken & Feta Spinach Salad; cover and refrigerate. To serve remaining chicken, mix gremolata ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over chicken and artichoke mixture. Yield: 4 servings plus leftovers.
Originally published as Double-Duty Chicken with Olives & Artichokes in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Double-Duty Chicken with Olives & Artichokes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review