These chewy, toasted pecan treats are a must with my cookie munchers every holiday. Using caramel and chocolate drizzle makes them doubly delicious and so pretty on the plate.—Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- CARAMEL DRIZZLE:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE:
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in pecans. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar and cream to a boil. Remove from heat; whisk in confectioners' sugar. Immediately drizzle over cookies.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Double-Drizzle Pecan Cookies in Country Woman December/January 2008, p27
Reviews for Double-Drizzle Pecan Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review