- For chocolate dough, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until
- light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour,
- cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and
- mix well. Stir in pecans and white chocolate.
- For vanilla dough, in another large bowl, cream butter and sugar
- until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour,
- cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed
- mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans and German chocolate. Cover and
- refrigerate both doughs for 2 hours.
- Divide both doughs in half. Shape each portion into a 12-in. roll;
- wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut each roll in half lengthwise. Place a chocolate half
- and vanilla half together, pressing to form a log; wrap in plastic
- wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until the dough holds together when
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on
- greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until
- set. Remove to wire racks to cool Yield: About 15 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 117 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.