Double-Decker Fudge Recipe
Everyone loves peanut butter and chocolate, so this layered fudge is always a hit with family and friends. I found the recipe about 15 years ago and have been making it for the holidays ever since.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:60 servings
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 cups peanut butter chips, divided
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, marshmallow creme and 1/4 cup butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Pour 3 cups of hot mixture into a bowl; add 1 cup peanut butter chips. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- 3. To the remaining hot mixture, add cocoa, vanilla, and remaining chips and butter; stir until chips and butter are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour evenly over peanut butter layer in pan. Cool. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Cut into 1-in. squares. Refrigerate in airtight containers. Yield: 3-1/2 pounds.
1 serving (1 square) equals 121 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC