- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 cups peanut butter chips, divided
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, marshmallow creme and 1/4 cup butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Pour 3 cups of hot mixture into a bowl; add 1 cup peanut butter chips. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- To the remaining hot mixture, add cocoa, vanilla, and remaining chips and butter; stir until chips and butter are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour evenly over peanut butter layer in pan. Cool. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Cut into 1-in. squares. Refrigerate in airtight containers. Yield: 3-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Double-Decker Fudge in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p39
Reviews for Double-Decker Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review