Double-Decker Cheese Melt
This is a recipe that's easy to make and deliciously different. Whenever I serve these tasty sandwiches, my family looks for more.Leslie Eisenbraun, Coulmbiana, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 6 slices white bread
- Paprika, optional
- In a food processor, blend cheese and butter. Add the egg, garlic
- salt and onion salt; process for 1 minute or until creamy. Spread 2
- tablespoons on each slice of bread. Stack two slices of bread,
- cheese side up, for each sandwich; sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Cut each sandwich in half diagonally. Place on an ungreased baking
- sheet. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden and
- bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 each) equals 213 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 637 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.