- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Shredded lettuce
- 6 onion slices
- 6 tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 thin patties. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, mustard and relish; mix well. Spoon 2 tablespoons on each burger. Return to the broiler just until cheese softens. Serve on buns with lettuce, onion and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Double-Decker Burgers in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p12
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Double-Decker Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2012
"fantastic.When i read the recipe didnt seem like anything special. How wrong i was they was the best burgers i made in a long while. thank you"